Monday, May 30, 2011

Change

I've always loved this quote by John Eldredge, "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that. Because what the world needs is people who are alive."

I prayed for some sort of transformation to start taking place today. Not just something typical or in the things surrounding me. I feel like I have a deep itch for a change in myself. I guess it's pretty soul-ish. There was a lot of talk this Sunday about peace-making as opposed to conflict-avoiding. All of that ultimately pointing back to the issue of vulnerability-baring, something from which I can't seem to escape. I could write on here all day long about the things that, if accomplished, would actually make me feel more accomplished. But until I actually shut up and start making my words into something more than just that, nothing is ever going to happen. Although writing doesn't seem like it plays a big part in the process of effort, I do think that by saying out loud and dating the starting point of something new, I will be more inspired to follow through with it. Consequently, on to day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment