Sunday, January 16, 2011

Doggy Treats

For some reason I can't seem to find a way around describing my life metaphorically. That being said, this is today..

Have you ever seen someone who has one of those dogs that does that "treat on the nose" trick? The owner will tell the dog to lay down and then he will slowly set a dog treat on the dog's nose. Then, he'll proceed to make the animal lay there for at least one excruciating minute until finally he will say, "ok" and the dog will flip the treat up, and eat it.

That is the best way I can explain how i feel now. I have no idea what direction my life is going in. I do, however, have enough (just enough) faith to know God has placed some sort of treat right on my nose. And I am just laying here, waiting. It's not comfortable at all being in the in-between. All around me I feel like everyone has so much more than I figured out, and that I'm behind. It isn't easy, and I hate it more often than not. But I know each day I am uncomfortable in this way, I am being built into someone completely different, and much better. I've never in my life taken so much time to continually dive into love with Him like I am now, and I hate that it's taken so long to get to this. Over and over again He has proven me wrong in thinking I need certain things to feel as if I'm moving forward. So for today and for who knows how long after, I'm going to make my best attempt at being "still".

For Musical inspiration (because I am obsessed with musical literature)
(click this) "Maybe What You Need is a Different Kind of Love"

I also recommend this blog: Pete Wilson (Pastor at Crosspoint)
Specifically, for it relates to my own, January 17th

No comments:

Post a Comment