Thursday, February 24, 2011

Captivating

I heard somewhere once that "genius" is being able to put into words exactly what's floating around in your head. I'm reading "Captivating" by John and Stasi Eldredge again (for you who haven't read it, you should). I remembered this passage when i got to it and I think they do a nice job of putting into words what I probably couldn't.

Page 12 "Sometimes the idea of living as a hermit appeals to all of us. No demands, no needs, no pain, no disappointments. But that is because we have been hurt, are worn out. In our heart of hearts, that place where we are most ourselves, we don't want to run away for very long. Our lives were meant to be lived with others. As echoes of the Trinity, we remember something. Made in the image of a perfect relationship, we are relational to the core of our beings and filled with a desire for transcendent purpose. We long to be an irreplaceable part of a shared adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment